Sunday 6 April 2014

Cake and Bake show in Manchester!

I was lucky enough to win two tickets to the Cake and Bake show in Manchester this weekend in a magazine competition. It was a great day out, with lots of yummy free samples and has inspired me to do more baking at home! 

I ended up buying a show goodie bag which was quite good value for £5. The goodie bag contained a Betty Crocker cake mix, some Dr Oetker icing and some billingtons sugar. I also bought a lovely billingtons sugar tin and some candy melts.

There was also plenty of recipe cards to pick up and competitions to enter at various stands, fingers crossed! I didn't catch any of the live demonstrations but there was still plenty to see. The competition cakes were amazing! Some people are very talented with their decorating, here are some pictures I took of the cakes on display...
Cloudy with a chance of meatballs!
Amazing turtle cake
From the Welcome To The Jungle display
and finally my favourite... The Rovers Return!

Overall it was a fab day out and I'm really happy that I entered the competition to go. Would definitely consider going to the next one. Will be blogging about Easter baking in the next few days... 


No comments:

Post a Comment